29 May 2008

Vacation, Mother's Day, Crawling






Well, our vacation went very well. This was the first time we’ve taken our vacation stateside. Thanks to Larry and Claire Owens and MommaLou and DaddyBob, we got to bring Aubry to Alabama so she could spend mother’s day weekend with all of her grandparents and great grandparents while Matt and I, thanks to Dad, went west and spent a week in Lake Tahoe and Yosimite Park. We didn’t expect it to be so cold in May but it was beautiful nonetheless and we enjoyed the many hikes. Meanwhile, Aubry went to the Grand Ole Opry! It was our first time apart for so long - thank goodness for cell phones. She grew more hair while we were away and started crawling and pulling up when we got back!

2 comments:

Bluecanary said...

I love Yosemite. I wish I could have spend more time, but we just had the afternoon, which was delayed by a wreck (no injuries) they had to clear on the way to valley. So we sat on the road right by Cascade Falls, so the wait wasn't too bad.

That picture of the waterfall is the same on I now have as the background on my cell phone, at almost the same angle.

I'm glad you had a great trip!

Candie Bowen said...

What a great trip. That's awesome that you were able to do that!Aubry is getting so big!