13 June 2008

Meet Mariana – Blind Bible Student


Mariana is a blind 22 year old girl that Mary Virginia is studying the Bible with right now. She was baptized at 17 and loves the Lord but has had no church family for a while now. Handicap people here are much less independent than those in our culture. There is a Christian family who comes to our church that has a car and has committed to bringing her on Sundays now. I haven’t learned all of her faith story yet but I love studying God’s word with her because she is so hungry for it and depends on those who will read it to her. I wish my hunger and thirst for God and His Word were as great as hers. She has no Braille Bible (even though she can read Braille) because Portuguese Bibles are so expensive. If you would like to make a special contribution toward Mariana’s Braille Bible I may be able to buy a little at a time or if you know of a better way to buy something like this please, let us know.

No comments: