13 September 2005

Hello Sportsfans!

Well, as we hear news of Fall aproaching back home, we're reminded of how much we miss American sports. Matt loves Cardinal's baseball and Mizzou football and most of you reading this know I'm a big Auburn Football fan. And I can be happy for Alabama's good start this season even though it makes me a little nervous about the Alabama Auburn game this year. Yeah, I got to listen to some of the first Auburn game over the internet before I fell asleep because it was after midnight here at half time. Wish I could've heard this past Saturday's game against Mississippi State. Anyone reading this have a favorite play? So, this is just a short blog to say that if you have any sports news or comments about this Fall season, we'd love to hear them. Who else is gonna talk about football with us? Here, if it's not soccer you want to talk about, it's not a very important subject. We're learning to appreciate soccer too but I don't think going to the stadium here will ever replace being at Jordan Hare with 85,611 of my closest friends!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to see the play of the week, scroll down to one of the first posts or two on my blog to view the video and photo of Tyrone Prothro.

Amazing.

Roll Tide.

You'll learn to love soccer living in Brazil. I'm a huge soccer fan.

Adriano is one of Brazil's rising stars. Use that to impress the locals. :p

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tip on Adriano. We're getting into futebol some here. The Brazilian league is kind of hard to get into. Both of the teams in our state, Bahia and Vitoria, were both Serie B teams, and they both dropped down to Serie C. Disgraceful--and now they are playing teams that have stadiums seating 1500, while theirs seat 60,000. So, local soccer is not much fun right now.

Anonymous said...

WAR EAGLE Mary!
I have gotten to see some games, and of course DAvid is quite excited about Bama'a good start. He says "this is their year"...whatever. We are certainly rebuilding, but hopefully it will not be too bad. The first game made me a little nervous, but we haven't looked quite as bad since. Even TV is nothing like being at J.H., but it is better than listening online.
We love you, Angie (&David)